Mental Health First Aid for Adults
Our two day course qualifies employees as Mental Health First Aiders.
To book on to this training follow the eventbrite link below.
Your employees will gain:
• An in depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
• Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of a range of mental health issues
• Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress using the Mental Health First Aid action plan
• Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
• Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether through self-help resources, internal support such as EAP, or external sources such as their GP
• Understanding of how to keep themselves safe while performing their duties
• A quick reference card for the Mental Health First Aid action plan
What to expect
Learning takes place through a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities and each session is built around a Mental Health First Aid action plan. We limit numbers to 16 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn.
Everyone who completes the course gets:
• A manual to refer to whenever they need it
• A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support their own mental health
• A certificate of attendance to say they are a Mental Health First Aider
• A copy of the Line Managers’ Resource, an invaluable source of advice on how to support an employee experiencing mental ill health